|Wisconsin Coalition Against Sexual Assault ||608-257-1516|
|RAINN (Rape, Abuse and Incest National Hotline)||1-800-656-HOPE|
|Church Health Services||(920)887-1766|
|Pregnancy Support Center of Dodge County|| (920)219-9305|
|Planned Parenthood-West Bend||(262)338-1303|
Sexual Assault Facts for Wisconsin (based on reports made to law enforcement in 2010):
- More than 1 in 3 women and 1 in 4 men have experienced rape, physical violence, and/or stalking by an intimate partner in their lifetime. (http://www.wcasa.org)
The following statistics were borrowed from the Wisconsin Office of Justice Assistance: April 2011
- There were 4,857 sexual assaults reported to law enforcement agencies in 2010, a 5% increase from 2009.
- Juveniles are nearly three times more likely than adults to be victims of sexual assault.
- The 16-20 year old age group represents the highest offending population, while 11-15 year old age group were the highest victimized age group.
- Females represented nearly 85% of sexual assault victims, and were most often victims of forcible fondling and forcible rape.
- More than 90% of sexual assault offenders reported to law enforcement in Wisconsin were male.
- 6% of all sexual assaults reported in Wisconsin were classified to be unfounded (false report) cases in 2010. This means that 94% of cases were true.
- Victims under the age of 21 represented over 75% of sexual assault victims in 2010.
- Nearly 90% of sexual assaults in 2010 were committed by someone know to the offender.
- In 2010, Dodge County had a population of 491,667, with 16 forcible rapes, 5 forcible sodomys, 3 assaults with an object, 21 forcible fondlings, and 39 statutory rapes-totaling 84 reported incidents of sexual assault.
|Forcible Sodomy/Oral Sex||589||583||475||495||446|
|Sexual Assault w/object||182||187||143||146||118|
|Ejac/Excr Upon Victim||19||12||10||14||14|
Other Sexual Assault Statistics
- About 83% of females and 32% of males with developmental disabilities have experienced sexual assault. (Johnson, I., Sigler, R. Forced Sexual Intercourse Among Inmates, Journal of Interpersonal Violence 15(1) (2000)
- About 49% of victims with developmental disabilities will experience abuse 10 or more times. (Valenti-Hein, D., Schwartz, L. The Sexual Abuse Interview for Those with Developmental Disabilities (1995).
- 25% of perpetrators left or were late to work to be abusive to their partner.
- 78% of abuse offenders used workplace resources at least once to express remorse or anger, check up on, pressure, or threaten the victim.
- 74% of abuse offenders had easy access to their intimate partner's workplace.
- 21% of offenders reported that they contacted the victim at the workplace in violation of a no contact order. (http://www.workplacerespond.org)
- About 50% of employed battered women are harassed at work by their abusive partners. (http://www.gao.gov/archive/1999/he99012.pdf)